Since it is President’s Day, I figured I’d give you some interesting facts about our country’s Presidents in a little segment I like to call….”Little Known Presidential Facts”. Here goes:
“Little Known Presidential Facts”
1. After serving two terms, Andrew Jackson retired to the mountains of Tennessee and created his own Paintball League.
2. George Washington had an extensive collection of giant Afro wigs. Though he’d only wear them out to special occasions, such as ’70’s Parties.
3. William Henry Harrison had a “trick” knee he’d always complain about.
4.Thomas Jefferson to this day still holds the Guinness Book of World Records for running a mile backwards with a time of 6 minutes and 13 seconds.
5. Grover Cleveland was terrified of clowns.
6. William Jefferson Clinton was in a Procul Harum cover band in college.
7. The “S” in Harry S Truman actually stands for “Sssssss” (like the sound one would make when saying “S” out loud).
8. Rutherford B. Hayes always referred to himself in the 3rd person. Like, “Rutherford B. Hayes don’t like that Senate bill! Rutherford B. Hayes best B. makin’ sure it don’t pass!”
9. William Howard Taft was a popular pro-wrestler in the Mexican League. Both before and after he served as President.
10. Warren G. Harding came up with the popular jingle, “Who’s that kid with the Oreo Cookie?”
11. Lyndon B. Johnson and his wife, Lady Bird, used to snuggle together during times of crisis.
12. George W. Bush was the San Diego Chicken for 3 years in the late ’70’s.
13. Abraham Lincoln could dunk a basketball.
14. Gerald Ford used to annoy his aides when he’d interrupt important meetings to practice his air-guitar.
15. Franklin Delano Roosevelt won a gold medal in the javelin during the 1932 Wheelchair Olympics.
16. Richard M. Nixon used to shoot tourists who happened to be walking by the White House with his Red Rider BB-Gun just to “fuck with them a little”.
17. George H.W. Bush can give a mean back-rub.
18. Millard Fillmore founded the famous concert hall, The Fillmore West. But not The Fillmore East. That was founded by his brother, Gary Fillmore.
19. Jimmy Carter has won the Baja 500 Off-Road Challenge four years in a row.
20. Ronald Reagan was an actor before he became President.